- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 large onions
- 3/4 cup beef broth
- thyme, pepper
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 3 boneless pork chops
- dijon mustard
- 1/4 cup red wine
- 3 ounces swiss cheese
- frozen peas
- Butter in skillet, add onion, cook until nicely browned, about 30 minutes. We want brown, not black.
- Add broth, thyme and pepper. Simmer to reduce to not too runny. Meanwhile:
- Start boiling water for the potato, preheat the oven to 325°F. Meanwhile:
- Butter in another skillet, a little mustard on pork chops into the skillet, mustard side down.
- 3 minutes later, a little mustard on the pork chops and flip. Cook 3 minutes more.
- Remove chops, add wine to deglaze the skillet, replace chops, add onions, place in oven for 25 minutes.
- Start boiling the potato.
- Remove chops, add cheese on the chops, replace in the oven for 5 minutes. Meanwhile:
- Microwave the peas. Mash the potato.